12.04.2008

Guys Confuse Me.

Just yesterday - no, just last night - he insisted that he still loved her. That he would always love her, unless he forgot her, and he would never get over her.

Then, this morning during first period, he asked and said two things:

The first, relating to what I opened with, was that he thought he was over her now. Which absolutely shocked me, especially after how determined he had seemed last night

And the second? He asked why I had been crying, and what was wrong. How he knew I had been crying while helping him last night, I don't know - how he knew something had hurt me that much, he didn't say. But just the fact that he asked, that he noticed what no one else even guessed at...

How does he do it? How is it that just when I'm ready to give up - to convince myself I feel nothing more than friendship for him, or familial love - he manages to do the one thing that makes me love him even more? I know I should get past this, because all it will bring is pain...but then he does something like that.

How could I not love him, when he always seems to know what's wrong? When he always knows exactly what to do to make me smile? When he always seems to know exactly what to do to make me feel better?

No comments: