9.30.2008

Random Note/Poem/Thing

Not much to say, really...not such a great day at school, although I did get a 6 (out of 9) on my APUSH essay - apparently, no one scored higher than a 6, so that was a little ray of sunshine for my dismally pathetic day. Other than that, nothing good...

I was listening to my iPod during break, and a random line inspired a shortish random patheticish poem, so here it is? (Maybe that shouldn't be a question mark, but eh. It works.)

Why must it be this way?
Because here's how it is:
See that girl? Yeah, the one you want.
Well, she's everything I'm not.
I don't want to pretend, so this is the end:
Who do you want?

Make your choice, quickly now -
Tell me, will you fix my heart or break it?
But I can't speak, can't ask the question,
You walk away again.
It's the end, no going back;
So long to this lie I've lived.

I loved you, I truly did -
I still do, with these pieces of my broken heart.
But we can't be, I see that now -
So farewell, love; I'm letting you go.
Yeah...random. There were a couple other little random blips (I'll add them to the end of this post), but nothing amazingly noteworthy...By the way, the song that inspired me was Everything I'm Not, by the Veronicas. The people-inspiration? To be honest, I'm not sure - it's a mixture of two people I know. One, my most recent exboyfriend (Brian), and the other, the guy who thinks of me as only a friend, or a younger sister. To add random some detail, the second guy was thinking of asking this other girl from school - someone I don't know too well, because we're completely different - to Homecoming, and he had just asked me if I thought it was a good idea for him to ask. (No, I'm not so selfless as to say 'yeah, of course!' I was pathetic; I just said 'I don't know, come on, are you seriously asking me that? pshaw.' or something like that.)

So yeah. That's the random rantings of my mind for now...



Randomness:

See? There he goes again -
Walking away without a second glance.
How is it that he can't see?
And why won't it go away?

---

You always said, "Make a life for yourself."
So I've tried - and there you go again,
Leaving me here alone, lost in the twilight
That swiftly fades to black.

No comments: