11.14.2008

Dream

There's only one real point to this post, and that's to document this amazing dream I had last night. Just a warning.

It was simple, really - nothing completely abnormal or impossible, just two people on Earth. There was me, and there was a guy - a guy who sometimes wore glasses, sometimes didn't, who sometimes was the most annoying person ever, yet sometimes was the nicest friend, who sometimes seemed cold and heartless, yet sometimes was the softest shoulder to cry on. The dream itself didn't really have a "plot line", to be honest; it was just a few scenes, a few short scenes, that really left an imprint on my memory: our hands would brush, and he would slip his fingers around mine; I would show him something on a calculator, and he would come up behind me to see it, resting his warm hands on my shoulders; I would yawn tiredly, and he would slip his arm around my waist and let me rest my head on his shoulder; he would smile and laugh, and I would have the strongest urge to hug him; he would say goodnight and walk away slowly, and I would wish I had the self-confidence to go after him and give him a hug, a kiss on the cheek perhaps, and whisper goodnight in return.

Simple images, the sort of images one might see on a day to day basis just walking around the campus at school.

And yet, when I woke up this morning, my alarm clock blaring its siren-like wailing, my cheeks were wet with tears at the thought that, as simple as those images were, they would never become reality.

No comments: