11.21.2008

Roller Coaster?

Wow. Yesterday was crap. Today was...well, not amazing - but very close to it. There were two main points that really mattered, so I'll just skip the rest.

Okay: so one, there was a blood drive at school today. I was able to sign up (I'm finally old enough!!), so I donated today...I was waiting like two, close to three hours though O_x missed all of fifth period (Japanese), all of lunch, and part of seventh (Math Analysis). And now I can't bend my elbow because of the bandage stuff, so it was really hard to write the notes in math...but the guy who sits in front of me, who is the most amazing guy ever, was nice and helped with some of it.

Which brings me to point two: said most amazing guy is even more amazing than I can even try to explain. For one, during math he was really helpful...he let me press my hands against his back because I was freezing - the small gym, where they did the drive, was seriously a freezer - and he didn't complain or anything even though his back had to have been getting cold, and he helped me erase some stuff I'd gotten wrong (if I clench my right hand, the place they stuck the needle in really hurts), and he kept glancing back at me to ask if I was okay, if I was warm enough, etc., and he was...well, just the most amazing friend ever. And THEN, as if that wasn't enough...well, actually, the majority of this happened earlier, before I'd given blood. At break, he asked if I was "one of them" and had seen Twilight last night, to which I replied I hadn't and probably wouldn't be seeing it because all my friends were busy, mom didn't want to drive me over if I was going to see it by myself, etc. And he, being the amazing person he is, offered to see it with me! I was stubborn, really, and kept saying it was okay, I didn't want to torture him (he'd been saying the day before in AP Bio that he just flat-out wasn't interested in seeing the movie) but after math, I asked if he had been serious about that offer...he said he had...so now we're going to see it next weekend!

And that pretty much summarizes the main points of my day. So now, I shall go curl up on the couch with a random book, turn the radio up, and hum random songs to myself as I sip a cup of hot chocolate.

Or I would, except I'm about to head out to a write-in and dinner for NaNoWriMo - one of the ML's (Municipal Liaisons) for the Sacramento area is having her birthday today, so we're all heading out to dinner to celebrate - and therefore cannot curl up and read and sip hot chocolate right now. Darn...

No comments: