12.15.2008

And So Ends the Impasse

Rather than spoil the ending, I'll start from the beginning: earlier today, at lunch in fact. I was tired, so I was trying to get some rest, but now that I look back on it, my actions could easily have been seen as disappointment - gazing randomly off into space, frowning, sighing, etc. - and apparently, that's how he took it. Not just as disappointment, even - but that I was unhappy with how distant we were.

And if you don't know who 'he' is, I still won't mention names - but it's the same 'he' I've been talking about for the past who-knows-how-many posts.

So during seventh period - math - he tried to explain. He's one of those people who doesn't like extravagant displays of affection (in public - in this case, at school), and he views school as a 'work place' of sorts - where such a public display is completely inappropriate. And while that makes complete sense - it gets a little tiring to walk through the halls surrounded by couples who are being a bit too...well, affectionate - he's been confusing me so much recently that, after class, I sort of snapped.

"It shouldn't matter, should it? Because we're just friends."

While I'm not sure if that's exactly what I said, it doesn't matter too much - that's basically what I said, and the 'just-friends' part is the important section. Being the wimp I am, I immediately fled, walking quickly towards my locker...and he didn't follow.

The next three hours passed without incident...two hours of tutoring, then an hour of homework - but then he logged onto gmail, bringing up my statement and asking if I had wanted something more. After a bit of a discussion - I explained that he'd been confusing me recently, and he responded - he admitted he'd decided and wasn't sure where to go.

And, since I can't seem to explain this without completely ruining it, I'll just jump to the end:

he asked me out.


And since there really isn't anything else I can say (and because I'm incapable of typing at the moment XD) I'll end this post there.

And so ends the impasse...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

doesnt it feel great to be out of the "impasse"????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!