10.29.2008

Ah, Whatever.

Okay, so I'm not giving up on my goal just yet...I've just realized that maybe I was a little wrong. Yes, I do have some friends who are really just acquaintances, but I also do have friends who won't let me ditch them...for better or worse. Part of me is grateful for this, even though I'm not too sure whether that bodes ill or good for the future.

Though really, the main reason I'm writing now is because of this guy at school. See, we've been friends for ages (not quite, only two or three years really), and for the past month he's been dating (maybe?) this girl - they went to Homecoming together last weekend. All last week, and for the week or two before that, he'd been almost completely ignoring me and always hanging out with that girl - but now that Homecoming's over, he never hangs out with her. He's gotten really curious about the smallest things and refuses to give up on finding the answers, so he's always asking me questions like "What was that note you and Anh were passing in AP Bio?" or "Where'd you get that necklace?". I've tried asking him what happened, but all he'll tell me is that Homecoming was horrible (except for the dinner - he says that was great), and absolutely nothing happened - or is happening - between him and that girl. It's sort of bugging me now - I mean, before he was pretty much never around, always with her, and now he's always nearby. Before, he'd ditch me at break to talk to her - now, he'll walk with me to class and we'll chat until the bell rings. Before, he'd vanish at lunch to talk to her - now, he's always hanging out with our 'old' group in the library. Before, he'd ignore his other friend and me during math (or any other class) to sit and talk with her - now...well, you get the idea.

It's sort of bugging me - were they really just together for that one dance, or did something happen? I get the feeling it's the latter, because my friend, at least, seemed really into her before, and now it's as if nothing ever happened. A friend of mine was speculating that they didn't think the girl really liked him - that she only agreed to go to be nice; another friend thinks she blew him off during the dance. All I know is something happened, and he won't tell me. It makes me wonder - once upon a time, he trusted me with nearly everything, or at least I thought he did and he claimed he did, and now he can't seem to trust me with this. Were we ever as close friends as we thought we were? If we were, then what happened? Why doesn't he trust me anymore?

No comments: