10.15.2008

Falling Apart

I can't do this anymore. Things just aren't the same; everything I have relied on, everything I have trusted, everything I have believed and built my life upon - it's all falling apart, changing, leaving me alone and adrift without anything for support.

I've stood alone before - been unsupported, abandoned and alone, unwanted and unneeded, forgotten, ignored. I remember how it feels - remember and fear it. When I came to high school, I came with the full knowledge that I had a close friend who supported me, even if she was far away. And although that friend is still with me, our relationship has grown distant and strained. We still talk - but rarely, and never with the ease we used to have.

Since her, my first true friend, I have had many other close friends...and yet each has always left, abandoned me for someone else. Always I have been cast aside, unwanted, replaced by someone else.

And now, it's happening again: the friend I hold as most previous is being pulled away by another, and I am once again forgotten.

Nothing ever changes...

No comments: